Eye makeup1275 article(s)
Eye make up – for sensual moments and dramatic looks
The eyes are the focal point of a face. Often referred to as the mirror of the soul, the right eye make-up sets the stage. From thrillingly glittery to voluptuously curved to subtly shimmering, mascara, eyeliner and co. will always conjure up a look that suits the occasion. Choose from the following products:
- Eyeshadow: Creamy eye shadows or powdery versions, glitter eye shadows or entire palettes – there’s an exciting highlight for every type.
- Eyeshadow primer: Primes the eyelid, intensifies the brilliance of the colours and prevents the pigments from sliding into the crease of the eyelid.
- Mascara: Dramatically curved lashes that practically reach for the sky make for an exciting eye look. Combine with eyelash primer and eyelash curler for best effect.
- Eyeliner: Stunning or understated – with liquid eyeliner and solid kohl liner you can conjure up expressive eye make-up in no time at all.
- Eyelash brushes: Mascara too thick? Say hello to perfectly separated lashes thanks to this practical helper.
- False eyelashes: From feathery to opulent, you will find styles for every occasion here - with the matching eyelash glue, of course.
- Eye make-up remover: removes eyeshadow, kohl eye makeup and mascara residue-free and helps the eye area to recover overnight.
It takes a bit of practice to make up your eyes properly. You need to learn how to use eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara to get the most expressive results. The quality of the products also matters. But once you've got the hang of it, there's nothing to stop you from creating captivating eye make-up.
Eye make up for every eye colour
You can quickly conjure up a light daytime make-up, but doing an intense, vibrant evening look takes a little more time. To create the perfect style for you, start with the colour of your eyes. Soft caramel, rosé and gold harmonise beautifully with green eyes. Purple also sets some stunning accents. Enhance the luminosity of a blue iris with a terracotta or apricot framework. Metallic copper and bronze can also work wonders here.
Tips for the perfect eye make-up
When it comes to eye make-up, preparation is half the battle. Before you start applying eyeliner, you should prime your face. An eye shadow primer protects against smudging and makes the colour more intense. Make sure you use a variety of brushes, from fine to wide, to get the most out of your eye make-up. Don't forget your eyebrows as they frame your look and give it the finishing touch.
A precisely drawn eyeliner is the ultimate in eye make-up. It doesn’t always have to be black. Coloured eyeliner is very popular in spring and summer and adds a cheerful touch. Applying white kajal to the waterline opens up the look and visually opens up the eye. If you want all-over mascara, start at the eyelid and work your way up in a gentle zigzag motion.