Shampoo for curly hair20 article(s)
How a shampoo for curly hair can change your reflection in the mirror
Whether you have natural waves or corkscrew curls, without the right hair care, your hair will always look dull or frizzy. To avoid total frustration when you look in the mirror in the morning, use a special shampoo for curly hair on your locks. It’s gentle on the hair during the washing process and provides moisture and vitamins to nourish it.
Buying shampoo for curly hair – what you need to know
Here, too, not every product is suitable for every hair type. The perfect shampoo for curly hair doesn’t just add bounce and definition, it also gently removes sebum and dirt from the scalp and roots. Always check the INCI list before you use a shampoo for curly hair. The best shampoo for curly hair shouldn’t contain the following ingredients:
- Cetearyl alcohol and similar substances: They dry out the hair and make it more susceptible to breakage – leaving the hair feeling like straw after it has been washed.
- Strong surfactants: Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) is excellent at cleansing, but it also dries out the hair and scalp. Mild surfactants such as coco or decyl glucoside don’t foam as much, but they are also less irritating.
- Water-insoluble silicones: Apart from the fact that these substances are harmful to the environment – they weigh down the hair and make your curls look tired. You can identify them by their names ending in “-xane” and “-cone” in the list of ingredients.
- Colourings and fragrances: These perform no important function in a shampoo for curly hair and can exacerbate allergies in sensitive people. Lemons and eugenol are two examples.
- Mineral oils: Watch out for paraffin, cerasin or petrolatum. They are used as humectants, but suspected of being carcinogenic.
Instead, the best shampoo for curly hair should be packed full of nourishing substances. Botanical oils such as coconut, argan and jojoba have the same effect as harmful mineral oils of locking moisture into the hair. Aloe vera or glycerine can also breathe new life into tired waves.
Protein versus moisture – what does a shampoo for curly hair need to be able to do?
The more the better? Both ingredients are essential to ensuring that your curly tresses look great in any life situation. Yet they can also have the opposite effect. If the protein and moisture balance is out of sync, your hair just won’t feel right. So when buying shampoo and other haircare products for curly hair, make sure you’re not giving your hair too much of a good thing.
If your shampoo for your curls. If you’re not sure, just take a look at the back of the bottle: if it has ingredients such as l-cysteine, milk, soy protein or keratin, you can bet it’s a protein product. Special moisturising products, on the other hand, will contain ingredients such as water, glycerine or aloe vera.
Buy curly hair shampoo at parfumdreams
A perfectly maintained mane of curls is always totally show-stopping. OK, so curly hair is a bit more complicated to care for, but with the right products you can really simplify your routine. Discover rich shampoos for curly hair in the parfumdreams online shop and enjoy a new simplicity in your haircare regimen.