Dandruff shampoo52 article(s)
Dandruff shampoo for a fresh feeling
If your scalp is itchy and flaky, there’s a reason. A dandruff shampoo can help to restore balance. It not only removes dead skin cells, it also prevents new flakes from forming. But don’t forget, your scalp is already sensitive and irritated. So use a high-quality product that is enriched with nourishing and useful active ingredients.
Everything you need to know about using dandruff shampoo
There are two types of dandruff. First, oily dandruff caused by excessive sebum production. It promotes the growth of a certain kind of fungus. Secondly, dry dandruff caused by the dehydration of the scalp. Before you choose a dandruff shampoo, you need to be clear about what type of dandruff you have. If you’re not sure, ask a doctor.
Dandruff shampoo ingredients
Different dandruff shampoos take different approaches to eliminating those annoying flakes. They include various ingredients to restore balance to your scalp:
- Piroctone olamine: a.k.a. Octopirox, inhibits cell growth and has an anti-fungal effect. It soothes the scalp and prevents itching when the hair tends to get greasy very quickly after washing.
- Zinc PCA: This ingredient binds water in the scalp to prevent it from becoming dehydrated. It also regulates sebum production, so it’s suitable for the treatment of both kinds of dandruff.
- Selenium disulphide: Regulates cell renewal to effectively prevent the formation of dry dandruff flakes.
- Tea tree oil: The clarifying and refreshing properties of this Australian botanical oil make it a popular ingredient in many dandruff shampoos.
- Sea salt: Has the effect of a natural scrub that effectively removes dead skin cells from the scalp.
In addition to the right active ingredient, a good dandruff shampoo should not contain any alcohol because it would further dehydrate the scalp and promote the formation of new dandruff. When your scalp is itchy and sensitive, you don’t need any silicones or parabens either, because they can exacerbate irritation.
How to use a dandruff shampoo
Have you found the perfect dandruff shampoo? Then make sure you use it for an appropriate amount of time. Otherwise your scalp won’t get the maximum benefits from the active ingredients. You should notice an improvement after only a few washes. If not, switch to a different product. Make sure you care for your lengths with hair masks to keep your hair looking shiny.
Supplement anti-dandruff shampoo with the right care products
If you suffer from dandruff, you should expose your scalp to as much fresh air as possible. So avoid wearing tight-fitting hats or caps unless it’s absolutely necessary. Also avoid aggressive scalp care products support the dandruff treatment.
Looking for the best shampoo for dandruff?
The best anti dandruff shampoo is the shampoo that is right for your hair type and your scalp’s needs. Whether you’re looking for pharmaceutical or botanical ingredients, you can shop at parfumdreams for premium hair cosmetics at great-value prices.