Face serum584 article(s)
Face serums – an extra dose of care for your skin
Face serums make a perfect addition to your daily care regime. These little bottles and ampoules contain various active ingredients that help to enhance the beauty of your skin. Depending on their composition, they reduce fine lines, combat blemishes, hydrate the skin and reduce pigmentation. A face serum intensely nourishes the skin. It's important to select a product that corresponds to the individual needs of the respective skin type.
What is a face serum?
Face serums are cosmetics with a high concentration of active ingredients and a light liquid to gel-like consistency. These products are very rich so just a few drops will suffice. A good face serum will be quickly absorbed. It's not greasy and provides the skin with moisture, regenerating ingredients and nutrients.
Serums contain a high percentage of active ingredients, which penetrate deep into the skin's layers and have a beautifying effect. They come in little ampoules or bottles. The latter come with a pipette for easy application.
Choosing the right face serum for your skin type
When choosing a face serum, you should make sure that it corresponds to the needs of your skin. Regular use of a face serum reduces skin problems such as pimples, fine lines and a dull complexion. However, normal skin will also benefit from a light serum with Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. The high concentration of active ingredients will ensure a healthy glow and plump up the skin with lots of moisture. At parfumdreams you will find the right products for your skin type:
- Mature skin will benefit from serums containing Vitamin C or retinol. There are also serums with ferulic acid, hyaluronic acid and prebiotic and probiotic extracts. These help to improve the skin's complexion, provide the skin with lots of moisture and can reduce the visible signs of premature skin ageing. Collagen gives the skin more elasticity and makes it more resilient. This helps strengthen the skin's barrier and ensure a radiant complexion.
- Blemish-prone skin also requires lots of moisture and will therefore also benefit from serums containing nourishing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid. Blemishes can be combated with serums containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid, which have a gentle exfoliating effect.
- Dry skin will benefit from a moisturising face serum. Products containing hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and niacinamide revive the skin, giving it a subtle glow and a fresher appearance. Even fine lines caused by dryness disappear.
- Sensitive skin that is prone to redness and irritation can be soothed with a serum containing thermal water or witch hazel. Amino acids and antioxidants make the skin more resilient. Essences containing green tea and açai berries are recommended for an even complexion.
- Dull skin can be given a beautiful, healthy glow by using a face serum containing hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C on a regular basis.
When it comes to pigmentation marks, serums containing Vitamin C as well as mulberry, bearberry and liquorice root extract can even out the skin tone in the long term. There are also numerous options for the sensitive area around the eyes. They contain active ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, grape seed oil, cucumber extract and Vitamin C that are believed to reduce dark rings around the eyes, swelling and fine lines.
How to apply a face serum
A good face serum is easy to incorporate into your daily care regime. It shouldn't replace your normal face cream, but it can complement it. Apply the product after cleansing and before your usual daytime or night-time regime. Your face should be completely dry in order for the serum to be absorbed effectively. All you need is a couple of drops. Apply the serum to your face, neck and décolleté with your fingers using circular motions.