Get ready for your next holiday with our hand luggage beauty tips
Valid until 27.06.2022
It’s holiday season again and after two years of pandemic many holiday lovers are ready to get back out there on their next adventure. To help you prepare for your next holiday, we have put together some important tips and products for your hand luggage. Plus we have created a check list for your toiletries bag so you have an overview of which products you need and don’t forget anything.
Packing travel cosmetics – What you need in your toiletries bag
When packing your toiletries bag, try to save as much space as you can! For many people (us included), this is hardest thing to pack. Ideally you would take every beauty and care product that you might possibly need. You should, however, follow this simple principle: as little as possible, only as much as necessary and leave out everything that you don’t absolutely need. Check out our packing list for your toiletries bag and be inspired by the products.
parfumdreams tip: You can save a lot of space with shower gel and shampoo if you swap to solid shampoo and soap bars. Large soap bars can be easily cut into smaller pieces. You can also pour your creams, perfumes, foundation, etc. into small empty bottles or jars so you don’t have to be without your favourite products on holiday while still saving space.
What to put in your cosmetics travel case...
When we browse the internet for travel make-up check lists in various blogs, we always find that there are hardly any lists out there with as many make-up products as ours. Our parfumdreams travel experts generally like to wear make-up and don’t want to do without it when travelling, and maybe you’re the same. You will find a detailed product check list that we pack in our cosmetics case below.
So that we can take as many beauty products with us as possible, we have picked up various tips and tricks which we would like to share with you.
- Turn 2 into 1: To save space, our parfumdreams tip is to use brown eyeshadow or coloured eyebrow gel or even use your lipstick to double up as rouge.
- Another eyebrow tip: Dye your eyebrows before going on holiday.
- Take products that you can apply without additional tools (e.g. brushes or sponges).
- Pour foundation and perfume into smaller containers. (parfumdreams extra tip: Make sure that you do not fill the new containers to the brim as the air pressure in the plane can cause them to leak. If you want to prevent this, you can also seal them with a strip of sticky tape.
parfumdreams travel must-haves
Summer, sun, sunburn – don’t forget your sunscreen!
Sunscreen should be a part of your daily beauty routine. So don’t forget about about sun care on your next holiday. To find the best protection for you, we have put together a special guide.
What should I put in my medical kit for travelling?
We all know it too well: No sooner has your holiday begun than you get sick. Leisure sickness is often caused by the stress that comes before a holiday. That’s why the ultimate holiday tip is: Don’t get stressed before your holiday!
If you still get sick for whatever reason, it helps to have a medical kit handy.
Here are the basics that every medical kit should contain:
- Wound/antiseptic spray
- Anti-nausea medication
- Diarrhoea medication (e.g. electrolyte powder, charcoal tablets
- Pain killers (ibuprofen or paracetamol)
- Medicines for coughs and colds (nasal spray, cough lollies)
- Fever thermometer
- Would healing cream
- Eye drops
- Facial tissues
You should of course also take any medication that you usually take regularly as well as a face mask.
Tip: Don’t take the whole pack and make sure to check the expiry date.
Want to take your new favorite fragrance with you on your next trip? We'll tell you what you should definitely keep in mind.
The storage of a perfume and the way it is applied can change the scent - but also sweat on the skin has an influence on the effect of the perfume: sweat can mix with the perfume and thus change the aroma. That's why we at parfumdreams recommend applying the perfume to areas that are less prone to sweat, such as the back of the hands and elbows, or spraying the perfume on the hair or clothing.
Check list for your cosmetics case
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shower gel/soap
- Hair shampoo
- Body lotion
- Conditioner, hair treatment, hair oil
- Make-up remover, micellar water, cleansing oil (cotton pads and cotton swabs if necessary)
- Eyebrow pen, eyebrow powder, eyebrow gel
- Eyeliner, eyeshadow, fake eyelashes (don’t forget the eyelash glue)
- Lip care (ideally with SPF), lipstick, lip gloss
- Primer, foundation, BB cream, concealer, powder
- Brush, make-up sponge
- Rouge, blush, bronzer, highlighter
- Deodorant and perfume
- Face cream
- Face cleanser
- Nail file
- Hair brush, hair comb
- Medical kit and medication
- Female hygiene products
- Ear plugs and sleeping mask
- Hair ties
- Disinfectant spray and hygiene wipes
Of course what you take will also depend on what type of trip you are planning and how long you will be away. Be inspired by our suggestions and adjust our travel cosmetics check list to suit your requirements. We wish you a lovely, relaxing holiday
The newsletter for beauty fans
With the parfumdreams newsletter, you'll always be the first to know about our offers, discount promotions and new arrivals. Sign up for our newsletter now and you’ll never miss a thing. We’ll fill you in on the latest trends, promotions and competitions! What's more, you can also look forward to tips on the hottest make-up looks, the season's must-haves and gift guides you won’t want to miss.
➡ [ Sign up here](/Newsletter)